Our most valuable possession is life!. And we won't live 1000 years, not even a few hundred years. Some of the things we end up doing, when I reflect on it - it would seem like I'll get back on it in - never. Like - cricket is my first passion, but I didn't play it for almost 5-6 years. Instead I should have made all possible efforts to play it all the time. Now I do play every week - and believe me, my whole week goes by with that hope, I work out with enthusiasm because of that etc. So here, I talk about out "Precious Valuable Life" and how we should value it:
- Write a Book: Ever heard of the book "Malagudi Days". The famous writer lived his entire wishes as a child by writing Malagudi days. And how beautiful the book and the stories are - everyone will agree. You have similar stories, experiences, dreams. Please write and share. No one has similar thoughts like you. You don't have to think too much about it, just start writing in a notepad. Few lines a day - or howsoever you want to. Write about your life, your passion, your story, your kids, your today. It'll be nice.
- The biggest bang for your buck is - "An experience you cherish". I have heard folks put off that vacation to that beautiful place for many reasons. I would say the biggest bang for your buck is always - "an experience". Be it an ice cream, or be it that Hawaii trip that will never erase out of your memory. Our eye sight gets weaker with every passing year, we better have more and many of these beautiful experiences earlier in life, and cherish those lovely memories longer than not. What is the point in buying a BMW when you get older, when your eye sight cannot keep up with the speed :-), get that beamer today! - if that is your dream.
- 4 Stages of Life - My perspective: From birth to going away - we have the gift of life, and my take is that our life has 4 stages (I am sure there are other similar definitions) :
- Stage-1: As a baby, creation brings you in, the world and nature, and your parents accept you in their arms and nourishes and makes your thrive. They give to you.
- Stage-2: As a teenager/youth - the family takes care of you - educate you, teach you, mentor you, love you. They take care of you.
- Stage-3: As an adult - you create the family, you are the parent, you are the provider. You take care of your creations and your family. Give back to the family.
- Stage-4: Final lap - Give back to the nature and the world. Pay back time.
words from the wise Solomon, thanks for these insights sir :)
ReplyDelete